The Company and Principals
Founded in 1994 by managing partners Mary Anne Doggett and Claudia Fogelin, Interactive Communications, Inc. helps financial services firms design, build, and increase the effectiveness of their distribution organizations. By providing training, coaching, and consulting we help our clients increase sales, retain talent, capture today’s opportunities, and stay ahead of industry trends that can impact future results. Interactive Communications works exclusively with asset managers, banks, insurance companies, and investment firms. For our clients—well-known industry names and firms of all sizes—we focus exclusively on wholesaling teams (external/internal/hybrid), institutional sales teams, key account teams, and retirement specialists.
Mary Anne Doggett
Mary Anne is outspoken and not afraid to question the status quo. She likes to create positive turbulence that motivates new kinds of thinking and helps set strategy. She is also a tough coach who is willing to take the gloves off, even when giving feedback to senior management. Mary Anne directs the firm's senior sales management programs and usually serves as the face of Interactive Communications in speaking and marketing efforts. Her role as marketing director also provides her with numerous opportunities to exasperate Claudia with far out ideas.
Prior to co-founding Interactive Communications, Mary Anne worked for Citibank where she held a variety of positions including Sales Director for the 330 branches of the New York Bank during the introduction of investments into the product line, and as the Business Director of Citibank's telephone sales center. Before Citi she worked in direct sales for health care and for the Psychology Department of the University of Vermont where she did research on motivators of change.
Mary Anne holds a BA from the University of Vermont and an MBA from New York University's Stern School of Business. In her free time, she works with disabled children at Blythedale Children's Hospital in Westchester, and enjoys her extended family. She lives in Croton-on-Hudson, New York, spends as much time as possible at her house in Vermont, and is most creative on the chair lift.
Claudia can take a concept and bring it to life. She has an affinity for process and actually likes program design and project management. Despite this, some of Interactive Communications’ wackiest ideas come from Claudia (although Mary Anne hates to admit it). Her coaching style is highly supportive, a valuable skill in her role as director of the firm’s Sales Desk Masters Program. An accomplished writer, Claudia polishes the prose for Interactive Communications’ publications. She is also the sales director for the firm and keeps attendance.Like Mary Anne, Claudia previously worked for Citibank where she ran several businesses including a mortgage center that set multiple sales records. She also served as the point person between the New York Bank sales and marketing organizations, a role that taught her how to say no. Prior to her corporate career, she pursued a Ph.D. in Art History and Archaeology at Columbia University, which somehow strangely did prepare her for her current work.
Claudia holds a BA from Kirkland (Hamilton) College, has two MAs from Columbia and lives on the Upper West Side of Manhattan with her husband Paul Rosenthal and their two children. She enjoys an occasional tanqueray martini.
What We Offer
The asset management world is in constant flux. As advisors change the way they buy, wholesalers need to change the way they sell. They need new skills, selling models, and performance measures. Our RESULTS™ training and consulting programs are revised every year to deliver the latest in market intelligence, strategies, and tactics.
- RESULTS™ The fundamentals, our signature program designed exclusively for sales desks
- RESULTS™ for Sales Desk Managers Helps managers to model and coach best-practice behaviors
- RESULTS™ for Hybrid Wholesalers Provides essential training for hybrid wholesalers as well as internal wholesalers and their managers who are transitioning to a hybrid model
- RESULTS™ The Next Level Helps firms identify and address how to get to their next level. TNL is a customized package of consulting and training that identifies and addresses issues that will deliver the biggest sales lift
- RESULTS™ Consulting Guides senior managers as they consider and execute changes to their organization’s strategy and distribution model
- NEW!!! RESULTS™ 2017 Clinics
What We Believe
Our beliefs guide every action we take for our clients.
- Pitching is not selling
- Integrity and the ability to understand what a person needs are more powerful than sales techniques
- Productive sales conversations follow a consistent structure and move the sale forward with specific, measurable actions
- The stage of your relationship with the client determines the way you sell
- As the buying process changes, the sales process needs to adapt
- The most successful sales people adapt their approach to meet the client’s style and language preferences
- Sales professionals need coaches
- Practicing is fundamental to the craft of selling
- Without preparation and practice, you need to be lucky. Luck never lasts
- The best sales professionals are on a constant mission to improve their skills and learn something new
What Makes Us Different
Interactive Communications prefers to be ahead of the curve. Change is constant and by embracing it we help our clients thrive. We continually adapt our products and services to help clients overcome their challenges and incorporate fresh ideas. Our core process has been in place for years, so our clients can be confident that it works. But we never stop looking forward to ”what’s next.”
We spend significant time coaching and observing sales interactions in the field. So we understand what’s happening on the ground and across firms. This allows us to challenge conventional thinking and help the firms we work with take advantage of best practices and avoid mistakes. No other sales consulting and training firm knows as much about the wholesaling business as we do.
We’re not afraid to share our “secret sauce.” We provide practical tools to help clients execute and sustain behavioral change. We want our clients to be able to do things on their own. That’s why they keep coming back for more.
Is Interactive Communications Right For Your Firm?
We don’t try to be all things to all people. After almost 20 years helping clients increase their sales effectiveness and efficiency, we’ve found the firms that benefit most from our services:
- Value a disciplined, consistent needs-based sales process
- Create accountability by measuring bottom line results and the sales behaviors that drive those results
- Expect their sales force to have a concise, compelling answer to the question, “What makes you different?”
- Are willing to establish a target market, identify who they won’t work with, and require reps to profile prospects against that target
- Commit themselves to sales coaching at all levels of the organization
- Believe that the roles of phone-based and field-based sales reps are changing and want to stay ahead of the curve
- Understand that technology — especially CRM — should play a core role in the sales process
If these attributes resonate in your organization, let’s talk.